In my early twenties, whenever New Years eve was around the corner, I was always concerned about getting an invitation to the most happening party, the prettiest dress, nails done, hair done…the list goes on, you get the point.
I’m particularly thrilled to ring in the new year alone, and not feeling remotely sad, or anything even close to it. Quite relieved and at peace to be fairly honest. Perhaps this is called adulting? I call it learning to be comfortable in my skin and with who I am.
I spent New Years Eve alone, with a cup of chamomile & honey tea by my fireplace to tune inwards, to center and ground my energy as I step into 2018. It’s important to review the year before, to look at the successes and failures without judgement.
As we took photos this afternoon, on an unusually sunny afternoon in Vancouver, I vowed to myself to leave behind anything that is not serving me. To step into the new year, with clear intentions of who I want to be.
This is what I came up with:
- Self Doubt
- Fearful Thoughts
- Negative Self Talk –
- Rehashing the Past – Time travel is best left for sci-fi movies. Past is over, learn from it and move on.
- Resentments – they only weigh you down. Forgive and Forget.
- Judgement – of myself and others.
What do I want to focus on in 2018:
- Compassion – for self and others.
- Risks – Fall Forward. Risk it All. That’s how we grow!
- Student Mindset – Learn something new e.g. SEO, editing video, etc.
- LOVE – without holding back. Be a conduit for love!
- REST – this is a big one for me. This may sound very simple for anyone else, but when I’m well rested and not hangry I am more pleasant & patient. So more naps in 2018!
- TRUST THE PROCESS – What is the lesson that you need to learn?
- You are Exactly Where You Need To Be.